shin: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (shin), [key]
? n., v., shinned, shin•ning.
- the front part of the leg from the knee to the ankle.
- the lower part of the foreleg in cattle.
- the shinbone or tibia, esp. its sharp edge or front portion.
- a cut of beef similar to the U.S. shank, usually cut into small pieces for stewing.
- to climb by holding fast with the hands or arms and legs and drawing oneself up.
Pronunciation: (sh?n, shin), [key]
- the 22nd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
- the consonant sound represented by this letter.
Pronunciation: (sh?n), [key]
- the 13th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
Pronunciation: (shin, sh?n), [key]
? n. Buddhism.
- a Japanese offshoot of the Pure Land Sect, requiring only faith in Amida for salvation through his accumulated merit.
- shin (Thesaurus)