Meaning of skunk
Pronunciation: (skungk), [key]
— n., pl. v. skunks, skunk,
- a small North American mammal, Mephitis mephitis, of the weasel family, having a black coat with a white,-shaped stripe on the back, and ejecting a fetid odor when alarmed or attacked.
- any of several related or similar animals. Cf.
- a thoroughly contemptible person.
- an unidentified ship or target.
- to defeat thoroughly in a game, esp. while keeping an opponent from scoring: The team skunked the favorites in the crucial game.
- skunk (Thesaurus)