Meaning of slalom
Pronunciation: (slä'lum, -lōm), [key]
- a downhill race over a winding and zigzag course marked by poles or gates. Cf.
- any winding or zigzag course marked by obstacles or barriers, as one in which automobiles are tested for maneuverability or drivers for reaction time.
- to ski in or as if in a slalom.
- to move in a winding or zigzag fashion; weave.
- to follow a course with many twists and turns.
- of, for, or designating a zigzag course with obstacles, barriers, or the like: an excellent slalom skier.
- slalom (Thesaurus)