Meaning of snivel
Pronunciation: (sniv'ul), [key]
— v., n. -eled, -el•ing -elled, -el•ling,
- to weep or cry with sniffling.
- to affect a tearful state; whine.
- to run at the nose; have a runny nose: She sniveled from the cold.
- to draw up mucus audibly through the nose: Stop sniveling and use your handkerchief.
- to utter with sniveling or sniffling.
- weak, whining, or pretended weeping.
- a light sniffle, as in weeping.
- a hypocritical show of feeling: a sentimental snivel.
- mucus running from the nose.
- a sniveling condition; a slight cold; sniffles (usually prec. by the).
- snivel (Thesaurus)