snort: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (snôrt), [key]
- (of animals) to force the breath violently through the nostrils with a loud, harsh sound: The spirited horse snorted and shied at the train.
- (of persons) to express contempt, indignation, etc., by a similar sound.
- to take a drug by inhaling.
- to utter with a snort.
- to expel (air, sound, etc.) by or as by snorting.
- to take (a drug) by inhaling: to snort cocaine.
- the act or sound of snorting.
- a quick drink of liquor; shot.
- an act or instance of taking a drug by inhalation.
- the amount of drug inhaled.
- snort (Thesaurus)