Meaning of spatter
Pronunciation: (spat'ur), [key]
- to scatter or dash in small particles or drops: The dog spattered mud on everyone when he shook himself.
- to splash with something in small particles: to spatter the ground with water.
- to sprinkle or spot with something that soils or stains.
- to send out small particles or drops, as falling water: rain spattering on a tin roof.
- to strike a surface in or as in a shower, as bullets.
- the act or the sound of spattering: the spatter of rain on a roof.
- a splash or spot of something spattered.
- spatter (Thesaurus)