Meaning of spongy
Pronunciation: (spun'jē), [key]
— -gi•er, -gi•est.
- of the nature of or resembling a sponge; light, porous, and elastic or readily compressible, as pith or bread.
- having the absorbent characteristics of a sponge; absorbing or holding liquid or yielding liquid when pressed.
- of or pertaining to a sponge.
- lacking in firmness or solidity: spongy wood; a spongy feeling from the car brakes.
- moist and soft; soggy: spongy ground.
- porous but hard, as bone.
- spongy (Thesaurus)