Meaning of spool
Pronunciation: (spl), [key]
- any cylindrical piece or device on which something is wound.
- a small cylindrical piece of wood or other material on which yarn is wound in spinning, for use in weaving; a bobbin.
- a small cylinder of wood or other material on which thread, wire, or tape is wound, typically expanded or with a rim at each end and having a hole lengthwise through the center.
- the material or quantity of material wound on such a device.
- the cylindrical drum in a reel that bears the line.
- to wind on a spool.
- to unwind from a spool (usually fol. by off or out).
- to operate (an input/output device) by using buffers in main and secondary storage.
- to wind.
- to unwind.
- spool (Thesaurus)