Meaning of sprinkle
Pronunciation: (spring'kul), [key]
— v., n. -kled, -kling,
- to scatter (a liquid, powder, etc.) in drops or particles: She sprinkled powder on the baby.
- to disperse or distribute here and there.
- to overspread with drops or particles of water, powder, or the like: to sprinkle a lawn.
- to diversify or intersperse with objects scattered here and there.
- to scatter or disperse liquid, a powder, etc., in drops or particles.
- to be sprinkled.
- to rain slightly (often used impersonally with it as subject): It may sprinkle this evening.
- the act or an instance of sprinkling.
- something used for sprinkling.
- Usually,small particles of chocolate, candy, sugar, etc., used as a decorative topping for cookies, cakes, ice-cream cones, and the like.
- a light rain.
- a small quantity or number.
- sprinkle (Thesaurus)