stability: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (stu-bil'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the state or quality of being stable.
- firmness in position.
- continuance without change; permanence.
- resistance or the degree of resistance to chemical change or disintegration.
- resistance to change, esp. sudden change or deterioration: The stability of the economy encourages investment.
- steadfastness; constancy, as of character or purpose: The job calls for a great deal of emotional stability.
- the ability of an aircraft to return to its original flying position when abruptly displaced.
- a vow taken by a Benedictine monk, binding him to residence for life in the same monastery in which he made the vow.
- stability (Thesaurus)