Meaning of Stanley
Pronunciation: (stan'lē), [key]
- (Dean Stanley) 1815–81, English clergyman and author.
- 1799–1869, British statesman: prime minister 1852, 1858–59, 1866–68.
- 1849–1918, and his twin brother1849–1940, U.S. inventors and manufacturers: developed steam-powered car.
- (John Rowlands) 1841–1904, British journalist and explorer in Africa: led successful search for David Livingstone.
- 1904–71, U.S. biochemist: Nobel prize 1946.
- the capital and principal harbor of the Falkland Islands, in the E part. 1000.
- former name of
- a male given name: an Old English family name taken from a placename meaning “stone field.”
- Stanley (Thesaurus)