Meaning of statement
Pronunciation: (stāt'munt), [key]
- something stated.
- a communication or declaration in speech or writing, setting forth facts, particulars, etc.
- a single sentence or assertion: I agree with everything you said except for your last statement.
- an abstract of an account, as one rendered to show the balance due.
- an appearance of a theme, subject, or motif within a musical composition.
- the act or manner of stating something.
- the communication of an idea, position, mood, or the like through something other than words: The furniture in the room makes a statement about the occupant's love of color. Walking out of the meeting will be a statement of our refusal to submit.
- an instruction or other elementary component in a high-level programming language.
- statement (Thesaurus)