Meaning of stockpile
Pronunciation: (stok'pīl"), [key]
— n., v., -piled, -pil•ing.
- a supply of material, as a pile of gravel in road maintenance.
- a large supply of some metal, chemical, food, etc., gathered and held in reserve for use during a shortage or during a period of higher prices.
- a quantity, as of munitions or weapons, accumulated for possible future use.
- to accumulate (material, goods, or the like) for future use; put or store in a stockpile.
- to accumulate in a stockpile.
- stockpile (Thesaurus)