Meaning of streamer
Pronunciation: (strē'mur), [key]
- something that streams: streamers of flame.
- a long, narrow flag or pennant.
- a long, flowing ribbon, feather, or the like used for ornament, as in dress.
- any long, narrow piece or thing, as a spray of a plant or a strip of cloud.
- a stream of light, esp. one appearing in some forms of the aurora borealis.
- an electric discharge in a narrow stream from a point of high potential on a charged body.
- a long extension of the solar corona, several solar radii long.
- banner (def. 7).
- a parachute that comes out of its packing in a long stream but does not expand.
- streamer (Thesaurus)