strict: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (strikt), [key]
— -er, -est.
- characterized by or acting in close conformity to requirements or principles: a strict observance of rituals.
- stringent or exacting in or in enforcing rules, requirements, obligations, etc.: strict laws; a strict judge.
- closely or rigorously enforced or maintained: strict silence.
- exact or precise: a strict statement of facts.
- extremely defined or conservative; narrowly or carefully limited: a strict construction of the Constitution.
- close, careful, or minute: a strict search.
- absolute, perfect, or complete; utmost: told in strict confidence.
- stern; severe; austere: strict parents.
- drawn tight or close.
- strict (Thesaurus)