Meaning of succession
Pronunciation: (suk-sesh'un), [key]
- the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
- a number of persons or things following one another in order or sequence.
- the right, act, or process, by which one person succeeds to the office, rank, estate, or the like, of another.
- the order or line of those entitled to succeed one another.
- the descent or transmission of a throne, dignity, estate, or the like.
- Also calledthe progressive replacement of one community by another until a climax community is established.
- succession (Thesaurus)