Meaning of such
Pronunciation: (such), [key]
- of the kind, character, degree, extent, etc., of that or those indicated or implied: Such a man is dangerous.
- of that particular kind or character: The food, such as it was, was plentiful.
- like or similar: tea, coffee, and such commodities.
- (used with omission of an indication of comparison) of so extreme a kind; so great, good, bad, etc.: He is such a liar.
- being as stated or indicated: Such is the case.
- being the person or thing or the persons or things indicated: If any member be behind in his dues, such member shall be suspended.
- definite but not specified; such and such: Allow such an amount for food and such an amount for rent.
- so; very; to such a degree: such pleasant people.
- in such a way or manner.
- such a person or thing or such persons or things: kings, princes, and such.
- someone or something indicated or exemplified: He claims to be a friend but is not such.
- See (def. 26).
- A plan such as you propose will never succeed.
- of the kind specified:A plan such as you propose will never succeed.
- for example:He considers quiet pastimes, such as reading and chess, a bore.
- such (Thesaurus)