superlative: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (su-pûr'lu-tiv, soo-), [key]
- of the highest kind, quality, or order; surpassing all else or others; supreme; extreme: superlative wisdom.
- of, pertaining to, or noting the highest degree of the comparison of adjectives and adverbs, as smallest, best, and most carefully, the superlative forms of small, good, and carefully. Cf.(def. 4),(def. 20).
- being more than is proper or normal; exaggerated in language or style.
- a superlative person or thing.
- the utmost degree; acme.
- the superlative degree.
- a form in the superlative.
- superlative (Thesaurus)