supernatural: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (s"pur-nach'ur-ul, -nach'rul), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
- of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or attributed to God or a deity.
- of a superlative degree; preternatural: a missile of supernatural speed.
- of, pertaining to, or attributed to ghosts, goblins, or other unearthly beings; eerie; occult.
- a being, place, object, occurrence, etc., considered as supernatural or of supernatural origin; that which is supernatural, or outside the natural order.
- behavior supposedly caused by the intervention of supernatural beings.
- direct influence or action of a deity on earthly affairs.
- a deep fear of the supernatural.
- supernatural beings, behavior, and occurrences collectively.
- supernatural forces and the supernatural plane of existence:a deep fear of the supernatural.
- supernatural (Thesaurus)