Meaning of supplement
Pronunciation: (n.sup'lu-muntv.sup'lu-ment&sec), [key]
- something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.
- a part added to a book, document, etc., to supply additional or later information, correct errors, or the like.
- a part, usually of special character, issued as an additional feature of a newspaper or other periodical.
- the quantity by which an angle or an arc falls short of 180° or a semicircle.
- to complete, add to, or extend by a supplement.
- to form a supplement or addition to.
- to supply (a deficiency).
- supplement (Thesaurus)