tablet: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tab'lit), [key]
— n., v., -let•ed, -let•ing -let•ted, -let•ting.
- a number of sheets of writing paper, business forms, etc., fastened together at the edge; pad.
- a flat slab or surface, esp. one bearing or intended to bear an inscription, carving, or the like.
- a thin, flat leaf or sheet of slate, wax-coated wood, or other rigid material, used for writing or marking on, esp. one of a pair or set hinged or otherwise fastened together.
- the set as a whole.
- a small, flat, or flattish cake or piece of some solid or solidified substance, as a drug, chemical, or soap.
- to furnish or mark with a tablet or plaque.
- to mark or inscribe (memoranda, notes, etc.) on a tablet.
- to form into tablets, cakes, pellets, etc.
- tablet (Thesaurus)