Meaning of tank
Pronunciation: (tangk), [key]
- a large receptacle, container, or structure for holding a liquid or gas: tanks for storing oil.
- a natural or artificial pool, pond, or lake.
- an armored, self-propelled combat vehicle, armed with cannon and machine guns and moving on a caterpillar tread.
- a prison cell or enclosure for more than one occupant, as for prisoners awaiting a hearing.
- to go through the motions of a match but deliberately lose because of an illicit prearrangement or fix; throw a fight.
- to put or store in a tank.
- to fill the gas tank of an automobile or other motor vehicle.
- Slang.to drink a great quantity of alcoholic beverage, esp. to intoxication.
- tank (Thesaurus)