Meaning of taster
Pronunciation: (tā'stur), [key]
- a person who tastes, esp. one skilled in distinguishing the qualities of liquors, tea, etc., by the taste.
- a container for taking samples or tasting.
- a wide shallow cup, usually metal, for holding wine to be tasted, as by a professional taster.
- a person employed or ordered to taste the food and drink prepared for a king, dictator, etc., to ascertain the presence of poison.
- a person able to taste phenylthiourea or some other test substance.
- taster (Thesaurus)