Meaning of taxis
Pronunciation: (tak'sis), [key]
— pl. tax•es
- arrangement or order, as in one of the physical sciences.
- oriented movement of a motile organism in response to an external stimulus, as toward or away from light.
- the replacing of a displaced part, or the reducing of a hernia or the like, by manipulation without cutting.
- the adaptation to the purposes of a building of its various parts.
Pronunciation: (tak'sēz), [key]
- a pl. of
- a combining form representing in compound words:Cf. heterotaxis.
- taxis (Thesaurus)