Meaning of thank
Pronunciation: (thangk), [key]
- to express gratitude, appreciation, or acknowledgment to: She thanked them for their hospitality.
- to be personally to blame; have the responsibility: The citizens have only themselves to thank for corruption in government.
- (used interjectionally to express relief, thankfulness, etc.)
- (used interjectionally to express gratitude, appreciation, or acknowledgment, as for a gift, favor, service, or courtesy).
- Usually,a grateful feeling or acknowledgment of a benefit, favor, or the like, expressed by words or otherwise: to return a borrowed book with thanks.
- because of; owing to: Thanks to good organization and hard work, the benefit concert was a great success.
- (used as an informal expression of gratitude, appreciation, or acknowledgment).
- thank (Thesaurus)