thoroughbred: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (thûr'ō-bred", -u-bred", thur'-), [key]
- of pure or unmixed breed, stock, or race, as a horse or other animal; bred from the purest and best blood.
- (sometimes cap.) of or pertaining to the Thoroughbred breed of horses.
- (of a person) having good breeding or education.
- (cap.) one of a breed of horses, to which all racehorses belong, originally developed in England by crossing Arabian stallions with European mares.
- a thoroughbred animal.
- a well-bred or well-educated person.
- thoroughbred (Thesaurus)