toner: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tō'nur), [key]
- a person or thing that tones.
- a highly concentrated organic pigment containing little or no inert matter.
- a powder, either dry or dispersed in an organic liquid, used in xerography to produce the final image.
- Also called chemical toner.a chemical solution used to change the color of and, in some cases, help preserve black-and-white prints and motion-picture film by altering or replacing the silver image.
- a worker for a paint manufacturer who tests the color and quality of paint.
- a cosmetic preparation, usually a liquid, used to restore firmness to the skin.
- toner (Thesaurus)