Meaning of topography
Pronunciation: (tu-pog'ru-fē), [key]
— pl. -phies.
- the detailed mapping or charting of the features of a relatively small area, district, or locality.
- the detailed description, esp. by means of surveying, of particular localities, as cities, towns, or estates.
- the relief features or surface configuration of an area.
- the features, relations, or configuration of a structural entity.
- a schema of a structural entity, as of the mind, a field of study, or society, reflecting a division into distinct areas having a specific relation or a specific position relative to one another.
- topography (Thesaurus)