Meaning of transform
Pronunciation: (v.trans-fôrm'n.trans'fôrm), [key]
- to change in form, appearance, or structure; metamorphose.
- to change in condition, nature, or character; convert.
- to change into another substance; transmute.
- to increase or decrease (the voltage and current characteristics of an alternating-current circuit), as by means of a transformer.
- to decrease (the voltage and current characteristics of a direct-current circuit), as by means of a transformer.
- to change the form of (a figure, expression, etc.) without in general changing the value.
- to change into another form of energy.
- to undergo a change in form, appearance, or character; become transformed.
- a mathematical quantity obtained from a given quantity by an algebraic, geometric, or functional transformation.
- the transformation itself.
- the result of a transformation.
- a transformation.
- transformation (def. 5).
- a structure derived by a transformation.
- transform (Thesaurus)