treasure: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trezh'ur), [key]
— n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- wealth or riches stored or accumulated, esp. in the form of precious metals, money, jewels, or plate.
- wealth, rich materials, or valuable things.
- any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized: This book was his chief treasure.
- to retain carefully or keep in store, as in the mind.
- to regard or treat as precious; cherish.
- to put away for security or future use, as money.
- treasure (Thesaurus)