tusk: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tusk), [key]
- (in certain animals) a tooth developed to great length, usually one of a pair, as in the elephant, walrus, and wild boar, but singly in the narwhal.
- a long, pointed, or protruding tooth.
- a projection resembling the tusk of an animal.
- Also calleda diagonally cut shoulder at the end of a timber for strengthening a tenon.
- to dig up or tear off with the tusks.
- to gore with a tusk.
- to dig up or thrust at the ground with the tusks.
- tusk (Thesaurus)