twang: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (twang), [key]
- to give out a sharp, vibrating sound, as the string of a musical instrument when plucked.
- to produce such a sound by plucking a stringed musical instrument.
- to have or produce a sharp, nasal tone, as the human voice.
- to cause to make a sharp, vibrating sound, as a string of a musical instrument.
- to produce (music) by plucking the strings of a musical instrument.
- to pluck the strings of (a musical instrument): to twang a guitar.
- to speak with a sharp, nasal tone.
- to pull the string of (an archer's bow).
- to let fly (an arrow).
- the sharp, ringing sound produced by plucking or suddenly releasing a tense string.
- a sound resembling this.
- an act of plucking or picking: He gave his guitar strings a twang.
- a sharp, nasal tone, as of the human voice.
- twang (Thesaurus)