twilight: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (twī'līt"), [key]
- the soft, diffused light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, either from daybreak to sunrise or, more commonly, from sunset to nightfall.
- the period in the morning or, more commonly, in the evening during which this light prevails.
- a terminal period, esp. after full development, success, etc.: the twilight of his life.
- a state of uncertainty, vagueness, or gloom.
- of, pertaining to, or resembling twilight; dim; obscure: in the twilight hours.
- appearing or flying at twilight; crepuscular.
- twilight (Thesaurus)