Meaning of ultimate
Pronunciation: (ul'tu-mit), [key]
- last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series: the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats.
- maximum; decisive; conclusive: the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon.
- highest; not subsidiary: ultimate goal in life.
- basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible: the ultimate particle; ultimate principles.
- final; total: the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project.
- not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed: the ultimate vacation spot; the ultimate stupidity.
- the final point; final result.
- a fundamental fact or principle.
- the best, greatest, or most extreme of its kind.
- ultimate (Thesaurus)