universe: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (y'nu-vûrs"), [key]
- the totality of known or supposed objects and phenomena throughout space; the cosmos; macrocosm.
- the whole world, esp. with reference to humanity: a truth known throughout the universe.
- a world or sphere in which something exists or prevails: his private universe.
- Also calledthe aggregate of all the objects, attributes, and relations assumed or implied in a given discussion.
- Also calledthe set of all elements under discussion for a given problem.
- the entire population under study.
- universe (Thesaurus)