us: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (us), [key]
- the objective case ofused as a direct or indirect object: They took us to the circus. She asked us the way.
- (used in place of the pronoun we in the predicate after the verb to be): It's us!
- (used instead of the pronoun our before a gerund): She graciously forgave us spilling the gravy on the tablecloth.
- United States highway (used with a number): US 66.
- Uncle Sam.
- United Service.
- where mentioned above.
- as above: a formula in judicial acts, directing that what precedes be reviewed.
- us (Thesaurus)