Meaning of valley
Pronunciation: (val'ē), [key]
— pl. -leys.
- an elongated depression between uplands, hills, or mountains, esp. one following the course of a stream.
- an extensive, more or less flat, and relatively low region drained by a great river system.
- any depression or hollow resembling a valley.
- a low point or interval in any process, representation, or situation.
- any place, period, or situation that is filled with fear, gloom, foreboding, or the like: the valley of despair.
- a depression or angle formed by the meeting of two inclined sides of a roof.
- the lower phase of a horizontal wave motion.
- valley (Thesaurus)