veronica: Meaning and Definition of
— n. Eccles.
- the image of the face of Christ, said in legend to have been miraculously impressed on the handkerchief or veil that St. Veronica gave to Him to wipe His face on the way to Calvary.
- the handkerchief or veil itself.
- Also calledany handkerchief, veil, or cloth bearing a representation of the face of Christ. Also called
- any of numerous plants belonging to the genus Veronica, of the figwort family, having opposite leaves and clusters of small flowers, as the speedwell.
- (in bullfighting) a pass in which the matador keeps his feet and legs absolutely still while slowly swinging the open cape away from the charging bull.
- a female given name.
- veronica (Thesaurus)