vestment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vest'munt), [key]
- a garment, esp. an outer garment.
- attire; clothing.
- an official or ceremonial robe.
- one of the garments worn by the clergy and their assistants, choristers, etc., during divine service and on other occasions.
- one of the garments worn by the celebrant, deacon, and subdeacon during the celebration of the Eucharist.
- something that clothes or covers like a garment: a mountaintop with a vestment of clouds.
- vestment (Thesaurus)