Meaning of vignette
Pronunciation: (vin-yet'), [key]
— n., v., -gnet•ted, -gnet•ting.
- a decorative design or small illustration used on the title page of a book or at the beginning or end of a chapter.
- an engraving, drawing, photograph, or the like that is shaded off gradually at the edges so as to leave no definite line at the border.
- a decorative design representing branches, leaves, grapes, or the like, as in a manuscript.
- any small, pleasing picture or view.
- a small, graceful literary sketch.
- to finish (a picture, photograph, etc.) in the manner of a vignette.
- vignette (Thesaurus)