visual: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vizh'-ul), [key]
- of or pertaining to seeing or sight: a visual image.
- used in seeing: the visual sense.
- perceptible by the sense of sight; visible: a visual beauty.
- perceptible by the mind; of the nature of a mental vision: a visual impression captured in a line of verse.
- the picture elements, as distinguished from the sound elements, in films, television, etc.
- photographs, slides, films, charts, or other visual materials, esp. as used for illustration or promotion. Cf.audio, video.
- a rough, preliminary sketch of an advertising layout, showing possible arrangements of material. Cf.(def. 5).
- any item or element depending on the sense of sight.
- visual (Thesaurus)