volume: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vol'ym, -yum), [key]
- a collection of written or printed sheets bound together and constituting a book.
- one book of a related set or series.
- a set of issues of a periodical, often covering one year.
- a roll of papyrus, parchment, or the like, or of manuscript.
- the amount of space, measured in cubic units, that an object or substance occupies.
- a mass or quantity, esp. a large quantity, of something: a volume of mail.
- amount; total: the volume of sales.
- the degree of sound intensity or audibility; loudness: to turn up the volume on a radio.
- fullness or quantity of tone.
- Her testimony spoke volumes.
- to be very evident or significant:Her testimony spoke volumes.
- to be expressive or meaningful:Your eyes speak volumes.
- volume (Thesaurus)