Meaning of wassail
Pronunciation: (wos'ul, -āl, was'-, wo-sāl'), [key]
- a salutation wishing health to a person, used in England in early times when presenting a cup of drink or when drinking to the person.
- a festivity or revel with drinking of healths.
- liquor for drinking and wishing health to others on festive occasions, esp. spiced ale, as on Christmas Eve and Twelfth-night.
- a song sung in wassailing.
- to revel with drinking.
- to drink to the health or success of; toast.
- wassail (Thesaurus)