Meaning of weber
Pronunciation: (web'ur, vā'bur), [key]
— n. Elect.
- the SI unit of magnetic flux and magnetic pole strength, equal to a flux that produces an electromotive force of one volt in a single turn of wire when the flux is uniformly reduced to zero in a period of one second; 10 maxwells. Abbr.: Wb
Pronunciation: (vā'bur or, Ger., vā'bur for 1–3, 5 web'ur for 4), [key]
- 1795–1878, German physiologist.
- 1786–1826, German pianist, conductor, and composer.
- 1864–1920, German sociologist and political economist.
- 1881–1961, U.S. painter, born in Russia.
- 1804–91, German physicist (brother of Ernst Heinrich).
- weber (Thesaurus)