whack: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hwak, wak), [key]
- to strike a smart, resounding blow or blows.
- The cook whacked off the fish's head.
- to cut off or separate with a blow:The cook whacked off the fish's head.
- Slang (vulgar). to masturbate.
- to produce quickly or, sometimes, carelessly: She whacks out a short story every week or so.
- a smart, resounding blow: a whack with his hand.
- a trial or attempt: to take a whack at a job.
- a portion or share.
- out of order or alignment; not in proper condition.
- whack (Thesaurus)