Meaning of whomp
Pronunciation: (hwomp, womp), [key]
— Informal. Informal.
- a loud, heavy blow, slap, bang, or the like: He fell with an awful whomp.
- to defeat (a person, opposing team, etc.) decisively: We whomped the visiting team.
- to slap or strike: to whomp the kids.
- to make a banging or slapping noise: Guns whomped in the distance.
- to whomp up a new set of guidelines.
- to make or create quickly:to whomp up a new set of guidelines.
- to stir up; rouse:to whomp up public approval.
- whomp (Thesaurus)