woo: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (w), [key]
- to seek the favor, affection, or love of, esp. with a view to marriage.
- to seek to win: to woo fame.
- to invite (consequences, whether good or bad) by one's own action; court: to woo one's own destruction.
- to seek to persuade (a person, group, etc.), as to do something; solicit; importune.
- to make love to a woman; court: He went wooing.
- to solicit favor or approval; entreat: Further attempts to woo proved useless.
- woo (Thesaurus)