Meaning of wrecker
Pronunciation: (rek'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that wrecks.
- a person, car, or train employed in removing wreckage, debris, etc., as from railroad tracks.
- Also calleda vehicle equipped with a mechanical apparatus for hoisting and pulling, used to tow wrecked, disabled, or stalled automobiles.
- Also calleda person whose business it is to demolish and remove houses or other buildings, as in clearing sites for other use.
- a person or vessel employed in recovering salvage from wrecked or disabled vessels.
- a person who plunders wrecks, esp. after exhibiting false signals in order to cause shipwrecks.
- wrecker (Thesaurus)