Meaning of writing
Pronunciation: (rī'ting), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that writes.
- written form: to commit one's thoughts to writing.
- that which is written; characters or matter written with a pen or the like: His writing is illegible.
- such characters or matter with respect to style, kind, quality, etc.
- an inscription.
- a letter.
- any written or printed paper, as a document or deed.
- literary or musical style, form, quality, technique, etc.: Her writing is stilted.
- a literary composition or production.
- the profession of a writer: He turned to writing at an early age.
- See(def. 4).
- writing (Thesaurus)