yawn: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (yôn), [key]
- to open the mouth somewhat involuntarily with a prolonged, deep inhalation and sighing or heavy exhalation, as from drowsiness or boredom.
- to open wide like a mouth.
- to extend or stretch wide, as an open and deep space.
- to say with a yawn.
- to open wide, or lay open, as if by yawning.
- an act or instance of yawning.
- an opening; open space; chasm.
- something so boring as to make one yawn: Critics say the new fashions are one big yawn.
- yawn (Thesaurus)